I’ve been getting a lot of inquiries regarding this workshop. The first run of the Manila Workshops Ok Ka, Yaya Ko! Workshop was quite a hit. There were a lot of moms and dads and elderly people who were so happy that we came up with this workshop to train the ‘kasambahays’ and their yayas and maids. The first run was last February 2013. Due to a lot of homeowners and parents requesting for a second run, we have come up with a second run of the Ok Ka, Yaya Ko! Workshop (The Rerun), this coming May 18, 2013. Like the past run, we will only take in up to 40 maids, yayas, or house helpers.
The 1-day 101 seminar will be on hygiene, household etiquette, child care, first aid and other topics for your yaya or house helper. The Instructor will still be Ms. Cristina Mendoza, RN.
About the Speaker:
- BS Nursing (’10), Southville International School and College
- Passed the Nursing Licensure Exam on July 2010
- Worked as a School Nurse and Preschool Teacher in The Bridge School from 2010-2012
- On call Preschool Teacher in The Bridge School (present)
- Full time Yaya Seminar Facilitator of VentureLab Business Resource Center, Inc.
The one day workshop will be filled with activities and discussions on the following topics:
- Mahalin ang Sarili: teaching them about self worth and manners and etiquette, from Personal Hygiene (head to toe), Handwashing to Personality Development (honesty, loyalty), answering the phone, how to treat guests, Home Safety, etc.
- Responsibilities/Housework: teaching them on how to clean different parts of the house, how to dispose of garbage, laundry, ironing, etc. and also how to prepare food, teach them about food safety and allergic reactions and even healthier Alternatives
- Caring For The Elderly: teaching them on how to check vital signs, proper body mechanics, sleeping and exercise
- “KID”-centered: teaching them developmental stages, baby care (cleaning, bathing, feeding) and school (homework, bantay sa school, iwas chismis, baon), Social Opportunities, Hygiene, First Aid, etc.
- Iwas Stress sa Yaya: teaching them on ho to cope with stress
To sign up your yayas and maids, please fill out this form:
Our dream is to really have yayas/maids/kasambahays all over learn all of these skills. This would help you and them a lot in doing their job well :)
For more information, please visit: http://manilaworkshops.com/2013/03/yaya2.html