I feel like a grown woman now that we have moved to our own Condo unit. I know that we transferred last June 2012, but this year, I encountered a lot of things that made me feel like a ‘grown woman’ already. I felt like my mom, having all of these domestic things that I have to take care of. One of these things was paying real property tax for our condo unit.
We saw the announcement/reminder of our administration office to the homeowners to pay Real Property Tax for this year. The deadline was March 2013. I asked Ej if we could already pay it so that we won’t forget it in March (knowing that my baby was due in March). I did not remember paying it the previous year, since we only moved in in June 2012. True enough, when I got the copy of the tax declaration and the certification or the official receipt from the previous years, we only had payments until 2011.
For those moving into their condo units, here are some tips that you should remember (these were lessons that we have learned):
1. You pay your Real Property Tax at the Real Property Tax Division of your Municipal Hall. For peeps in Taguig, the RPT Division of Taguig is at Market! Market! (third floor).
2. You should bring a copy of the previous year’s tax declaration or declaration of real property and copies of the previous official receipts or certification that you have paid.
3. The first step is the assessment of the amount that you have to pay. It is based on the property value.
4. For those first time payors, you can get a copy of the previous year’s tax declaration or declaration of real property and copies of the previous official receipts or certification from the developer. They should have paid the previous year’s taxes.
5. If you have loaned from the bank, the developer usually gives the copies to the bank. So be sure to get copies from the bank.
6. Also, be sure to supply them with copies of the new (current year) tax declaration or declaration of real property and copies of the official receipts or certification. They also need these from you after you have paid.
7. If you miss paying for the previous year, you are charged penalties for that. Boohoo! We had to pay penalties.
8. But if you pay early, you also receive discounts.
So that’s it! I hope that you get to pay your Real Property Tax without any hassle.