I won’t try to hide it but I was fairly disappointed when we did not win. But then again, from the story shared with us by our HR head in our company, I’d say “Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?”. This may be the start of something big!
We are sorry that we haven’t had the chance to update Manila Reviews this past weekend. It was because we were battling it out with other contestants in the recently concluded Startup Weekend. The weekend involved fire pitches, forming a team, making the highly rated pitches possible, mentoring with coaches, coming up with a presentation and making the final pitch.
Ej and I were fortunate enough to have such a great and dedicated team. I will take this opportunity and thank Marlone Tan, who helped me with the business plan. Thank you to Aldwin Angeles and Alex Chan for the Graphics and ui. And most especially, thank you to our programmers, Mike Saclolo, Mark Noquera, Rai Orofino, Geric Encarnacion and Vic Boloy.
So what did I get and learn from the workshop?
1. That when you work as a team, and use each ones expertise, then you can make anything happen
2. That sometimes, even if you think winning in a competition like this is what you should aim for, you get more insights, plans and ‘win’ from the actual implementation.
3. I got some good ideas from that workshop and I realized that there are other things that we can do and we can implement after this.
4. There is so much talent in the Philippines.
5. I realized that creating and conceptualizing a business plan and business model is really one of my expertise. I’d love to help out other people so feel free to contact me.
That’s about it. You’ll be seeing a lot more from our team in the coming months. We will share with you our product when the time comes.
Thank you to all those who supported us during the voting for the People’s Choice award. :) Congratulations to the winners!