I’m almost due to give birth. What has been preoccupying my mind these days is safety for kids. I want my soon-to-be-born daughter to live in a safe environment. I’ve been reading a lot about baby proofing our home. I’m very OC about keeping everything in check and in order, so it wasn’t a surprise for my husband when I started making changes in our home.
This will be my first baby, so I tried and still trying to learn as much as possible about Safety for Kids from books, articles, from my family and friends’ experiences. Home safety, as well as car safety and water safety have to be discussed and learned about to be able to build a good environment for my Baby Zeeka when she’s born.
So what I have been doing and what have I learned so far? I wanted to share with you these tips, especially for my first-time-mom readers.
1. I recently bought a baby carrier/car seat for my baby. For car safety, when transporting your baby from the hospital to the house, I have read that it is best to have a car seat for newborn babies installed in your vehicle. In countries like the United States, they do not allow babies to be transported without car seats.
2. Being an event organizer for pocket workshops, I recently promoted a workshop that teaches about Safety for Kids. Our speaker was a registered nurse, who taught yayas and maids topics on caring for newborn babies, CPR for newborn babies, basic first aid, food allergies, etc. I also listened during class since I knew that I would be able to use the learnings for my baby’s own safety.
3. I have also installed table edge guards. This will prevent kids from hurting themselves from bumping into sharp corners of tables. Check out these cute table corners that we have installed. They look like Mickey Mouse’s hands!
4. If you have stairs at home, be sure to buy home safety products such as gates. This is to prevent baby from falling or hurting themselves.
5. What they take in and what you take in, especially as a breastfeeding mom, is very important. We should take in healthy food and clean water. I have heard from friends that the best water to use first during their toddler years is distilled water.
As a mom who wants the best and the safest products for my husband and baby, I really chose Wilkins Distilled water. Wilkins reminds me reminds me of we all should be as discerning moms, giving only what’s safe for our families.
I would like to invite now soon-to-be-moms and moms out there to share with us your own stories as uncompromising mothers (mothers aged 18 and above can submit their stories). In 400 words or less, write about how you give your family the best love and care. You may include the challenges you faced, the lengths you’ve gone to, or the sacrifices and difficult choices you needed to make.
You may write your articles in English, Tagalog, or Tag-lish. Submit your story at www.smartparenting.com.ph/wilkins. 5 stories will be chosen for publication in Smart Parenting magazine and 1 story will be turned into a 10-minute short film aired on TV. Prizes for this are as follows:
a. Writers of the 5 selected stories for publication in magazine will each receive Php 5,000 cash and Php 5,000 gift certificates for Wilkins products.
b. Grand winner (story will be turned into a short film) will receive Php 10,000 cash and P5,000 gift certificates for Wilkins products
Join now! I’d love to read or even see your story!
*Some talking points suggested by sponsors but story and opinions written are mine.